Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Casserole



I'm on a roll with posting not-so-healthy, but super-easy meals lately! We have been busier than usual this last week, and I've also taken on the self-challenge of using what I have in our pantry/fridge/deep-freeze rather than doing a major grocery shopping trip. We're trying to save money for our Disneyworld trip, so cutting back on groceries is now more important than ever! I've actually been amazed at what I can "concoct" out of the few staples in our home. I will have to go purchase the Doritos, because I don't usually keep chips on hand, but otherwise, this is made from stuff in our pantry and freezer.

This is my husband's all-time favorite casserole! He doesn't cook much, but he can whip this up, which is nice for me, too!

***Don't forget that tomorrow is Frugal Friday, so get out your favorite cheap meal recipes and link up in the morning!***

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 package Doritos (cheese flavored)
shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine the soups, rotel, and chicken, and stir well.

Layer 1/2 bag crunched up Doritos on the bottom of a large casserole dish. Top the chips with the soup mixture, and then sprinkle the entire top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

You can substitute ground meat for the chicken, or leave the meat out all-together to have a cheese enchilada casserole.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good, I think I am going to make it next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are making it right now... We will be back with our judgement after taste testing!

    ReplyDelete