Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Soup

I apologize for my posts being picture-less lately. I plan to have the time to sit down tonight to get them ready for posting. We'll see if it happens, but it is my plan!

I love chicken enchilada soup. Homemade Gourmet makes a to-die-for mix, but I don't know anyone who sells that stuff anymore. Boo! So, I'm going to make this one instead.

Ingredients:
6 corn tortillas
1 sm. onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
2 tsp. oil
1 can chopped green chiles (undrained)
1 can beef broth
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 or 2 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon steak sauce
2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
paprika

Directions:
Cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips and set aside. Saute the onion and garlic in oil in a large pot. Add everything but the tortillas, cheese, and paprika. Cover, heat over medium-low, and simmer for 1 hour. Add the tortillas and cheese. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, and serve with tortilla chips.


6 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy! Perfect for a cold MN sunday! I may have to stop and get some groceries on the way home from church tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to find your website! I too love recipes and have a blog for them: http://fromjaimieskitchen.blogspot.com/

    Can't wait to go through your recipes! PS...I used to sell HG so can probably find someone in TX that still sells it if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi...I just read your comment on my blog. You've got to be kidding about living in Houma. That's where I'm from!!!! Actually I'm from Bourg but it's practically the same thing. LOL I did go to school in Houma. How long were you there???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too small of a world. This explains why Sarah Chiasson follows you right??? I went to Maria Immacolata with Sarah and Vandy....graduated in 97. I'm sure we know a lot of the same people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too funny! I wonder if we met through Sarah ever. We were good friends when she came to MIS in 6th grade. I do know Erica and Courtney. In fact, Courtney is one of my dear friends. I actually stood in her wedding. Do you know Jamie Jackson and Abbe Brunet? This is wild!

    I love your blog BTW. Mine looks very dull compared to this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that you were in Courtney's wedding! We couldn't make it down for it, because I had a new baby. I have just reconnected with Erica through Facebook. She found me through Courtney. I remember Jamie and Abbe, but I doubt that they remember me. They both went to MIS after the huge teacher-strike when we were in the fifth grade. My parents were actually enrolling me in MIS when we were transferred to Oklahoma. I was supposed to start in January, 1992. We would really have known each other then!

    ReplyDelete