Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies



I always get in the mood to bake when it's cold outside. Today is "warm" compared to what it is going to be at the end of the week, so I'm sure that I'll have lots of baked goods coming soon! I found this recipe on the back of the cinnamon chips that I bought recently. I bought them intending to make cinnamon scones, but didn't, so I thought I'd give these a try.

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
1.5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2.5 cups oatmeal
1 2/3 cup cinnamon chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, use your electric mixer to beat the sugars and butter together until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Combine the flour and soda; add it to the butter mixture. Stir in the oats and cinnamon chips. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.


5 comments:

  1. OMG...cinnamon chips?? That sounds amazing. I'm not sure if we get them up here in Canada. I'll have to check because I'm druling all over my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 3LittleMonkeys...cinnamon chips yummm! OMG I am so stealing this recipe, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok yum. and its healthy because of the oatmeal, right? grabbed your button...finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks yummy! I found your blog through The Blog Followers Group. Can't wait to browse the rest of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete