Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad


This fresh dish was the perfect side to our leftover Italian roast today. I just so happened to have a cucumber, two tomatoes, and half of an onion that needed to be used, so I chopped them up for a quick dish. It is not only healthy and delicious, but quite pleasing to the eyes.

Ingredients:
1 cucumber (peeled and coarsely chopped)
2 tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
1/2 onion (coarsely chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 splashes of balsamic vinegar
salt to taste

Directions:
After chopping all of your veggies, toss them together well with some salt. In a small bowl, pour your oil and vinegar and mix. Pour the dressing on top of the veggies and let it marinate as long as you want. The longer it sits, the better the flavor!


8 comments:

  1. I makw something like this in the summer with fresh from the garden (not mine but maybe this year) tomatoe but I throw in some feta cheese. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make this all the time in the summer. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great change from the normal lettuce and dressing salads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that stuff. We eat it all the time, but like Heather, we also add in Feta Cheese and on rare occasions a bit of sliced olives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to be eating things like this after all of the Christmas cookies and candy and things I've consumed!

    Come take a look at my blog - I've linked to you! Now you'll be famous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brandi,
    I came across your blog through the SAMmy newsletter. I just love finding new recipes. Thanks so much for sharing. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brandi,
    Thanks for adding this delicious recipe to my linky! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete