Sunday, January 10, 2010

Garlic Dinner Rolls



While browsing through my blog roll, I came across some delicious-looking roasted garlic rolls on the Tasty Kitchen site. I love garlic. I mean I REALLY love it, so I thought I'd try my own version of garlic rolls. I did not want to use whole cloves of roasted garlic in mine, because I thought it would turn my kids off, so I just used garlic powder. They turned out really well, and were so easy to make.

Ingredients:
2 packages rapid rise yeast
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder (or more if you want a more intense garlic-flavor)
5.5 cups flour
2 tablespoons butter
pinch of Kosher salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

In a bowl, dissolve your yeast in the warm water. Transfer the water/yeast mixture to a large bowl and add the sugar, oil, salt, and garlic powder. Mix it all together. Add the flour and knead it well. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size. After it has risen, give it a small knead, and then pinch off enough dough to fill the cups of a muffin tin. Allow the dough to rise a second time.

Sprinkle the tops of the dough balls with Kosher salt and bake for 15-20 minutes. After you pull them out of the oven, rub the 2 tablespoons of butter over the tops of the hot bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment