Saturday, January 2, 2010

Italian Roast



This has our home smelling absolutely wonderful right now! My friend Katie, who I taught with for several years, gave me this recipe about ten years ago. It has been a favorite ever since. The longer and slower you cook this, the better it turns out. Put it on low before you go to bed and it'll be ready when you wake up to take to your company's work luncheon for a fantastic dish.

It's great served on top of crusty bread. I'm making Crusty Cheese Bread to go with it.

Ingredients:
1 roast of your choice
1/2 bottle Italian dressing

Directions:
In your crockpot, place the roast and pour 1/2 bottle of dressing over the top of it. Cook it on low 8-12 hours. Shred and serve as a sandwich.


5 comments:

  1. That seems easy enough for even me to do. I will give it a try. I have been looking for more crockpot recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your recipes. I may try the bread tomorrow. Crockpot recipes are the best! If you took the picture in your own kitchen we have the same countertops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this..I just love crockpot receipes..It will be perfect for me to put on in the morning before i leave for work..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my Ny's Resolutions is to try five new dishes, my first one will be this and your cheesy bread. Cant wait!!

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious!!!! i loved it, my husband loved it! smells delicious!
    Thank you Brandi!!!

    ReplyDelete