Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ranch Oyster Crackers



I try really hard to not give my family processed foods. Do I think chips, cookies, crackers, and boxed mac and cheese are delicious? Absolutely! I do not think that they are the healthiest choices for my family, though. I do buy them on occasion. I must have Fritos with my chili, tortilla chips with my taco soup, Doritos for the Dorito casserole that I make, Velveeta cheese for grilled cheese (there's no other way to eat it!), and oyster crackers for my kids to snack on. Oyster crackers are small enough to be one of baby's first snack foods, and they're absolutely delicious in soup. . .plus, they're cheap.

When I saw this recipe on allrecipes.com, I decided that I had to try it. I love to have foods to snack on, and all of the seasonings that you use to make them are my faves. I am here to tell you that they are fabulous! Try them, I say!

Ingredients:
5 cups oyster crackers
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 cup cooking oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 250.

In a large bowl, combine all of the seasonings and oil. Dump in the crackers and stir to coat them all. Pour the crackers on a large cookie sheet and bake for ten minutes. Stir the crackers around and cook them for ten more minutes. Allow to cool before eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment