Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roasted Chicken



I don't actually know if this should be considered "roasted" since it's made in the crockpot, but that's what I'm calling it! Heather posted this and linked up for Frugal Friday last week, and after seeing it, I had to try it out. It was so moist and tender! It literally fell off of the bone. You can eat this plain, and then use the leftovers (if you have any!) in your favorite chicken casserole.

Ingredients:

1 whole chicken (rinsed)
1/2 stick butter (cut into squares)
seasonings of your choice (I used lemon pepper and onion powder, with some salt.)

Directions:
With a butter knife, loosen the skin of the chicken. Just slide the knife under the skin and it will come away from the meat. In the pocket that forms from the separation, slide the squares of butter. *I mostly slid the butter into the top and sides of the chicken. I didn't worry about the bottom or the legs. Generously sprinkle on the seasonings. Place the chicken in the crockpot, and cook on low for 8-9 hours.


3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! this looks so good and healhty! I'm gonna have to come back to this and try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! You have to teach me how to cook!!!


    Oh... I am a new reader. Please come follow back if you would like. I am doing some great giveaways right now (ipod nano and itunes giftcard, lots to say baby binkies and lavendar eye masks...burberry later this week!) and have some great ones coming up! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete