Friday, January 8, 2010

Scotcharoos



My husband sent me this recipe from the fire station yesterday. My plan was to have them on Friday, but we still had leftover chocolate cake, so he made them today for Sunday lunch with my family . They were delicious!

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips

Directions:
Combine sugar and syrup in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until bubbly; remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Mix in the rice krispies and press into a 9x13 baking dish.

In a double boiler, melt both types of chips. Pour this sauce over the mixture. Cool and cut into squares.


3 comments:

  1. These are my absolute FAVORITE things to eat, ever. Mmm, I think I need to write this down on my list to make next week.

    Drea

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are AMAZING! I made them for my house warming party and I ate all the left overs. I want them again so bad but refuse to make them since I would probably eat the entire pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm...i can't stop druling on my keyboard!

    ReplyDelete