Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simply Great Chicken



I love looking at other cooking blogs. I get some fantastic ideas from other women, and love experimenting in my kitchen. While browsing Rachel's blog, I found this recipe. It looked delicious, and the actual preparation of this dish is amazingly simple, yet it contains fantastic flavors. I'm using boneless, skinless breasts, but any cut of chicken will probably work well.

Ingredients:

3.5 pounds chicken pieces (I'm just using 2 pounds because that's what I have.)
1 package dry Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Line a 9x13 inch casserole dish with foil. Rinse and pat dry your chicken pieces.

Combine the dressing mix and sugar well. Dip your chicken into the mixture, coating both sides well. Place it in your dish. Any extra of the mixture can be sprinkled on top of the chicken. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is done. Rachel suggested turning the chicken a couple of times and brushing the tops of the pieces with the sauce.


9 comments:

  1. Do you think this would work ok on boneless, skinless breasts? How long would you cook them (thawed)? Could you do it with frozen? Could this be adapted to a slow cooker? Are you sick of all of my questions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using boneless, skinless breasts. You'd cook them the same amount of time. I don't think that the sugar mixture would stick well to frozen chicken, but you could try. I'm not sure whether or not it would be good in the slow cooker or not. I think that it would need a little water or broth in order not to burn, but I'd love to hear about it if you try it!

    And no, I love questions! Ask away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm..looks good. Of course i LOVE chicken especially right now! We actually eat chicken with the Italian dressing on it all the time and we love it but i have never had it with the brown sugar added. i will try it tonight! Thanks and keep the chicken recipes coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, how simple with so few ingredients!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good and I love Italian seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to try this one. It sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I want to try this, this is one of those good go to meals, I always have all those ingredients at home. You will see it in my menu planning soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made this a couple of times since I discovered it. It's a real fav and a fallback recipe when time is short but the hunger is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, this is my new favorite thing EVER. It's super easy and super-er yummy. I'm so glad I found your blog!! Thanks so much for sharing this one.

    Seriously, if I had the dressing mix, I would make this again tomorrow night! Maybe I can sneak off into town tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete