Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows



My mom has made this for as long as I can remember. It has become my daughter's favorite way to eat sweet potatoes, and she goes back for seconds and thirds of them! Who wouldn't love a veggie covered in marshmallows??

Ingredients:
1 large can sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 bag mini marshmallows

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium-sized bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher until fairly smooth. Mix in the cinnamon and brown sugar. Put the sweet potatoes into an 8x8 casserole dish and pour the marshmallows on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the marshmallows begin to turn golden.


4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! I love sweet potatoes and my kids love marshmallows. Maybe this way they will actually eat their veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Friday Follow. Love your blog design! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband (yes, he's the cook in our family!) makes a version of this, and I cross-checked the recipes really quickly. Yours calls for a lot less sugar, so I've modified his, in order to make it a little less sweet (yes, you CAN have too much of a good thing!).

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby loves Sweet Potatoes! His mom started fixing them a new way that we really like. Instead of baking them with the marshmallows on top. We put all the ingredients together and make just mashed sweet potatoes. That way you get a taste of the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and marshmallow in every bite!

    ReplyDelete