Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baked Fudge


Oh yes, I said baked fudge...I never even realized that there was such a thing until I popped over to check out The Pioneer Woman today. She has some fantastic and easy Valentine food ideas that you should definitely check out! I fully realize that it isn't actually Valentine's Day yet, but my sweetheart and I were needing something chocolaty and fudgy to eat while watching the Olympics, so baked fudge it is! I love recipes like this. I have everything that I need right in my pantry and fridge. My hips may not like me after I eat it, but I think it just might be worth it.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, what are you and your sweethearts planning to do? I'd love to hear! I am preparing a "Sweethearts Dinner" for all of my loves. I bought a heart-shaped cheese pizza from Papa Murphy's for my little loves. They'll have this with red Hawaiian Punch (this is a huge Valentine's treat!) and chocolate covered strawberries. My big love and I are going to share a gourmet meal of golden sauteed scallops, filet mignon, roasted brussel sprouts, and some of those strawberries. I can't wait! Enjoy the day, friends!

I'm treating you all to a photo of my little loves. Aren't they precious?

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa
2 level tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter (melted)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300. If your oven doesn't heat well (like mine!), then preheat it to 325.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs until they are light in color. Beat in the sugar. Add the cocoa, flour, vanilla, and butter, stirring carefully. Pour into large ramekins or an 8x8 casserole dish, which is what I used.

Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the top crust is crispy, but the inside is not fully set. You don't want it overly liquidy, so if you need to leave it in a bit longer, go for it.

Pioneer Woman tops hers with homemade whipped cream, but I'm topping ours with vanilla bean ice cream.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Enjoy your meal. Also, cute picture of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete