Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese Soup


It has been one of the coldest & wettest winters on record here! Because of this, I have been making many soups and other warm recipes. I pretty much just threw a bunch of stuff together, and ended up with a really delicious soup.

Ingredients:

1/2 large block velveeta cheese (cubed)
1 package cream cheese
3 cups chicken broth
1 can rotel (I used this to get tomatoes into my kids and give it a kick...it would be fine without.)
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 package frozen broccoli (I used florets.)
pepper to taste

Directions:
In a crockpot, throw in the cheeses, broth, dressing mix, rotel, and pepper. Stir as well as you can. Set the crockpot to low and cook for 6+ hours, stirring occasionally. Feel free to add more cheese to thicken it up as it cooks! About two hours before serving, stir in the broccoli.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds so yummy!! I just wonder how many points I'd have to count on Weight Watchers! LOL! I'm going to save it for a day when I'm in serious need of comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm...comfort food. Broccoli cheese soup is one of my faves, but the funny thing is, my hips don't like it! However, I can easily make low-fat substitutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title caught my eye on blogfrog. mine and my daughter's favorite soup is broccoli cheese soup, to be specific, Panera Breads! I've tried a few recipes but none has ever come out tasty. I am looking forward to trying yours! I will be following you. Hope you'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was great! I was so excited about the soup that I shared my version on my brand new blog blog!

    http://funsizesarah.blogspot.com/2010/11/broccoli-mushroom-and-cheese-soup.html

    ReplyDelete