Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chicken ala Grecco


It's been a rough week at our house, so I apologize for the lack of posts. Sunday our one-year-old got a stomach bug, which lasted until Monday evening. Friday evening our six-year-old began running a really high temperature, which turned out to be strep throat. Ugh! This was the first time we've had strep in our house, and it has not been fun. Thankfully the antibiotics kicked in super-fast, and she is feeling a million times better already! We've been so healthy all winter; I figured we were due our share of the ickies at some point. No fun for any of us! Needless to say, I've done very little cooking, and a whole lot of rocking...I'm not complaining about that.

It hasn't all been bad, though. My husband and I were able to go the the Billy Joel and Elton John concert on Wednesday evening (in between sicknesses). We saw Billy in 2007, and he is an amazing performer. The two together were awesome; their voices blend so well! So there was a bright spot in our otherwise yucky week.

I do have a recipe to share today, though. I have some feta cheese that needs to be used up, and the other ingredients in this recipe are always on hand at our house. I'm going to whip this up for lunch.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (cubed)
olive oil
Italian seasoning (use as much or as little as you like)
minced garlic (use as much or as little as you like)
fresh broccoli florets
1 can diced tomatoes
thin spaghetti noodles (cooked and drained)
feta cheese

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil. Put the garlic into the oil, and then toss in the chicken cubes and season with the Italian seasonings. When the chicken is almost done, pour in the can of tomatoes, and then throw the broccoli on top. Cover and simmer for ten minutes, or until the chicken is done. Turn off the heat, and sprinkle the feta over it. The heat from the pan will melt the cheese. Serve over spaghetti.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, poor babies! Strep is so bad! I used to get it often as a child...my oldest has had it also.

    This recipe looks great...I love feta cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone is feeling better!
    The recipe looks great! thanks!

    ReplyDelete