Monday, February 8, 2010

Homemade Granola

If your family is anything like mine, then you love having snack foods laying around! My husband is a "grazer," meaning that he likes to have a couple of crackers, or a handful of nuts every hour or so. I like to make this granola for him to snack on, to add to yogurt for parfaits, or to eat with milk as a cold cereal. I'm going to share this recipe with you, and then later on share how to use it to make a crockpot breakfast cobbler. Stay tuned...

Ingredients:
4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium-sized pot, bring the honey, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt to a boil for one minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats and pecans. Spread the granola evenly onto a large cookie sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring and flattening the granola every five minutes. Store in an air-tight container.


8 comments:

  1. YUM! Very glad I just discovered your blog :) I love granola, and a great homemade granola can't be beat - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good...and probably much healthier than the prepackaged stuff (right?)...will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! I found it a week ago and am addicted to it. This will be my first week doing meal planning ever. It made grocery shopping so much easier. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm...granola! Thanks for sharing. Look forward to that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I love granola.

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award today! I really enjoy your blog!! Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love granola! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete