Monday, February 22, 2010

Roasted Brussel Sprouts



I can hear you all groaning...."bruuuseeelll sppprouuttts, grossss." You might just feel differently about this little veggie after preparing them this way, though. We LOVE them! They are crispy and salty on the outside (like a healthy chip!) and soft and flavorful on the inside. Really, try them just once and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds brussel sprouts
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (the fresher the pepper, the better)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.

In a large bowl, toss the sprouts with the oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure that all of them get oil on them. Place them on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until dark and crispy. Shake the pan every 15 minutes or so to evenly cook the sprouts. Upon pulling out of the oven, sprinkle with a little more kosher salt. Serve while hot.


6 comments:

  1. YUM!! Growing up my dad was crazzzy about brussle sprouts :) We'd have them on a weekly basis. I would love to make them again. Do they just sell fresh ones in the produce? Maybe I am crazy, but I haven't seen them lately..

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is THE BEST way to fix brussel sprouts. I discovered this recipe a few years ago, and we just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE them in our house!!!! I even grew some in my garden last year...will do them again this year! Will have to try these...they look goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO good! My aunt puts a splash of balsamic vinegar on them when they're done. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE roasted anything, especially brussel sprouts! Gonna make some tomorrow - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a little leery (sp?) to try this recipe. I grew up never crazy about brussel sprouts (but ate them when served for dinner). This was a TASTY and EASY recipe. I look forward to making them again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete