Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slider Cheeseburgers



I found this recipe on the Mommy's Kitchen blog. I love looking through her ideas. She cooks the kind of food that I like to eat! She calls them White Castle burgers. I haven't ever eaten a true White Castle burger, but if they taste like the ones that I just made, then I would love them! Seriously, these were so good. The thin cheeseburger and single pickle on a sweet Hawaiian roll...good gracious they were tasty. I ate four of them. *Hangs head in shame.*

Make some and see for yourself!

**Mommy's Kitchen has some great step-by-step pictures to better show you how it's done.

Ingredients:

1 package 80/20 hamburger meat (Mommy's Kitchen says you need this particular meat.)
minced onion flakes
season salt
sliced cheese
pickle slices
Hawaiian dinner rolls (Use this brand. They seriously make the burger!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.

In a 9x13 casserole dish, sprinkle as few or as many of the onions as you like. On top of the onions, press the hamburger meat into a thin layer (the thinner the better, I think). Take a straw and poke holes in several places on the meat. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from the oven and blot the excess grease with a paper towel. Layer the sliced cheese on top of the meat, and place back into the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese in melted.

Cut the meat into small squares (I used a pizza cutter). Place each square in the middle of a dinner roll, and top with a pickle.


2 comments:

  1. I love sliders these look really yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, another one of our favorites...4 out of 5 of us anyways. I will have to try this one too. FYI, I am trying your broccolli cheddar soup today. We had a wonderful snowfall last night, perfect for today. I posted a little blurb about your recipe and added your link on my post last night.

    ReplyDelete