Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bird Nests



Aren't these the cutest little things that you've ever seen?! My Nonnie sent me a link on how to make these, and I just *had* to try them out. My kids think that they are the greatest things ever. Ha! The best part is that they are oh-so-simple. I think that they would be so cute sitting on top of a cupcake, but we're just enjoying them by themselves. Have fun! If you make them, leave a comment letting me know how they turned out.

Ingredients:

1 package white almond bark
1 bag shredded coconut
food coloring of your choice (It takes several drops to create a rich color, so play with it.)
eggs (I used chocolate eggs, but you could also use jelly beans.)

Directions:

Melt the almond bark in the microwave. Place the squares in a microwave-safe bowl for two minutes at a time, stirring between. Stir in the food coloring until it is the color you like. Pour the coconut in and mix well. Using a tablespoon, scoop out a "glob" and mold it into the nests. Place the nests on wax paper or foil. While they're still wet, place the eggs and press them slightly so they stick. Allow to dry.


4 comments:

  1. I will probably not make these....but they are super super CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new Friday Follower! Visit me at www.rockindeals4you.com and sign up for my first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter and I made these last night. I used chocolate instead of white, so they're brown. I couldn't resist chocolate with coconut! Very cute, and delish!

    ReplyDelete