Monday, March 22, 2010

Cheesy Crockpot Ham and Potatoes



I found this recipe just this morning right here. It worked out perfectly because I'm trying to use up food from our frig and pantry before doing my grocery shopping tomorrow. How often do you do your shopping? Do you meal plan? I do, and I find that it saves me tons of money. I shop once every two weeks, with one or two quick trips for milk and bananas.

I know it's Meatless Monday, but for this Monday, we're going with some ham. Ha! I needed to use it and some potatoes up, so we'll go meatless another day this week.

Ingredients:
2 pounds cooked ham (I had 1.5 pounds deli ham that I cut up and used.)
5 or 6 potatoes (I had five that I sliced thinly.)
1 onion (sliced thinly--I didn't have one today.)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded cheese
pepper to taste

Directions:
In the bottom of a large crockpot, throw in your sliced potatoes and ham (and onion if you have one). Season well with pepper. Pour one can of cream of mushroom soup on top, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About thirty minutes before serving, add the cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment