Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Casserole



This is a quick and yummy meal that I made for my friend Amanda and her family after they brought home their new baby. It is great served with sour cream on top and a side salad.
Ingredients:
2 cups shredded chicken (more if you want--cooked)
1 package taco seasoning
1/4 cup salsa
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can sweet corn (rinsed and drained)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a saute pan, combine the chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, and just a little bit of water (so it's not too dry). Let it warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and corn and mix well. Spread into the bottom of a casserole dish and top with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake for 25 minutes.


5 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and I keep all of these things on hand. AWESOME! I need to do some cooking and posting the results. I haven't done any of that lately. Watch out for some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! sorry i haven't been by in a while. i'm loving this recipe too. i will have to put this on my menu for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was Very yummy!!!!! thanks for making it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I will definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made some and it was fantastic! My kids loved it. I never expected that from them!

    ReplyDelete