Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chocolate Cream Cheese-Filled Cupcakes




For those of you who follow me on twitter, you may remember me tweeting about some fabulous cupcakes that I was eating yesterday. We took our kids out to my sweet in-laws' house to spend some time running outside. They flew kites, wrote with sidewalk chalk, fed some horses, and watched a herd of goats eating. It was a great day, and these cupcakes just made the day a little sweeter. I'm actually going to copy my sister (who gave me this recipe!) and make these for my son's second birthday next month. The batter makes about 30 cupcakes, so prepare to bake for a little while.

Ingredients for Cream Cheese Filling:

1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Ingredients for Cupcakes:

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.

In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and salt until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for two minutes.

Fill the muffin tins 1/2 full, and then add one level tablespoon of the filling into the center of each cup. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my Brandi!!! I need to make these soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete