Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Curry Chicken

I didn't get a picture of this meal. I completely forgot until it was almost gone. Oh well! Do you like curry? It is one of my favorites, but I only started eating it in the last year. For some reason, I thought that it was really hard to prepare, when if fact it is too easy. It is pretty spicy, so if you're not into spice, then it's not for you. I happen to love all things spicy--the spicier, the better!

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (cubed)
1 onion (diced)
1 can coconut milk (non-sweetened/This is on the Asian food aisle.)
1 package red curry paste (You can find this on the Asian food aisle.)
salt or fish sauce (I recommend just using salt.)
fresh basil leaves (chopped)
rice (cooked)

Directions:
In a large sautee pan, throw the chicken and onions in to cook over medium heat. Pour in the can of coconut milk and add one tablespoon of the curry paste (more or less to taste), and salt to taste. Stir together, and then cover. Cook for about twenty minutes, or until the chicken is done. Throw the basil leaves in and serve over rice.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE curry!!! I usually do it with curry powder, but I will try the paste. Now, have you ever tried any thai/asian salads for like a side? I want to have s themed dinner party around curry and am wondering about sides...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandi, where have you been? I miss your recipes!

    ReplyDelete