Sunday, April 11, 2010

Something Old, Something New

We're baaaaack!! Disney was fabulous; my kids are amazing. It was a great family vacation with great memories made. I do have to admit that I now need a vacation from it, though. Woo...Disneyworld is all about the go, go, go! I'm back in my kitchen, though, so I'm relaxing and making some new things to post about.

Remember me posting the recipe for this quick, sweet bread? I took the old version and made something new out of it!

I simply replaced the pumpkin or banana with 1.5 cups of chunky applesauce. It turned out so moist and delicious that I'm about to sneak back into the kitchen for just one more piece! You could use any applesauce that you wanted, but I had the chunky on hand, so in it went. I also gave it a sprinkle of cinnamon and a handful of chopped pecans for the fun of it.

It's so fun to play around with recipes! Anyone have anything new to share with me? Check back in often, because I plan to be cooking away this week.


1 comment: