Thursday, April 29, 2010

Taco Rice



My friend and neighbor, Teri, sent some of this over for us to try, and my kids ate three bowls each! It is so, so good, and so, so easy!! It's not the typical kind of recipe that I share, but I know that there are some nights where a)we've run out of fresh veggies, b)we have whiny, hungry kids, and c)we just want to throw something on and sit down for a minute. I have those nights anyway...am I alone in that?

Ingredients:
2 boxes Spanish rice-a-roni
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 package hamburger meat (cooked and drained)
1 package taco seasoning

Directions:
After cooking and draining your hamburger meat, add the taco seasoning and stir well.

Cook the rice according to the package directions. Add both cans of tomatoes and the seasoned meat. Mix well and allow it to warm thoroughly over low heat.


3 comments:

  1. Looks simple and easy and totally yummy! I'll have to try that one night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make this all the time! Except, I use rotel and minute rice and top w/ cheese. It's great w/ chips or as a stuffing for enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! And you are definitely NOT alone. :)

    ReplyDelete