Monday, May 17, 2010

Au Gratin Potatoes


It's a late post for Meatless Monday today. We have had a full day of running and playing, so this is the first chance that I've had to actually sit down at the computer. There are pictures, but they'll have to wait. I'm a tired mama. *Yawn*

We are at the end of our groceries (tomorrow is grocery day!), so I had to use what we had laying around to prepare my dinner tonight. I had several potatoes and part of a block of Colby-Jack cheese, so I decided to make these potatoes to go along with the rest of our meal. I wish that I would have made double what I did because they were gone so fast! I'll know better next time.

Ingredients:
6-8 medium-sized potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
olive oil
garlic powder
pepper
Tony Chachere's
dry minced onion flakes
Colby-Jack cheese (shredded)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, toss your potatoes with a generous amount of olive oil. You want each slice covered with the oil.

Spread the potatoes in the bottom of a large baking dish. Use PLENTY of seasonings on the potatoes. Shake the onion flakes all over the potatoes, as well. There really is no need to measure anything. Just add the seasonings to taste.

Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment