Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bacon & Eggs Pizza



Those of you who know me in real life and those of you who have followed my blog for some time know that my kids love breakfast food. My friend Teri told me that her family made this breakfast pizza and devoured it, so it sounded perfect for us to try! Usually when I make pizza, I use this crust recipe, but Teri used a ready-made crust for hers, so that's what I used. I think I would prefer it on the homemade crust a little more. This is definitely a must-try for one of those "I don't feel like doing a whole lot of cooking" nights!

Ingredients:
1 pizza crust
salsa (I didn't measure this. I simply spread a thin layer.)
3 eggs (scrambled, but not fully cooked--You want them watery since they'll finish cooking in the oven.)
6+ pieces of bacon (cooked)
shredded cheese

Directions:
Preheat your oven according to the crust packaging (or your recipe.) I preheated to 350.

Spread a thin layer of your favorite salsa on the crust. Top that with the (not fully cooked) eggs. Crumble your bacon into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle those on top of the eggs. Sprinkle lots of shredded cheese on top.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious and my son loves breakfast foods - I am going to try this some time. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete