Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blondies



My husband came home from the station yesterday talking about these. Another firefighter had made them the night before and he wanted me to try them. Those firefighters have good taste! These were delicious and really simple to throw together. They taste like cookie cake to me, and for those of you who know me in real life, you know how I love some cookie cake! It's one of those recipes that you have everything for almost all the time.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans. The firefighter used walnuts.)
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a small bowl, mix the flour, powder, soda, salt, and chopped nuts. Set aside.

In a larger mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar and melted butter together well. Add the beaten egg and vanilla and stir well. Add in the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, mixing everything well.

Spread in a small baking dish (8x8) and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...melt in my mouth goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm....those are way too tempting to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preparing them now =)

    ReplyDelete