Sunday, May 16, 2010

Brown Sugar & Oats Muffins



I found these muffins on Kaitlin's recipe blog. She often has really delicious-looking things that she cooks up in her kitchen! I made them this morning for breakfast and there is only one left. They were just slightly sweet and the oats gave them a nutty flavor. They are truly a perfect way to start the day. Oatmeal is one of our favorite things, and I'm always trying to find new recipes to use it in. If you have any, let me know!

Ingredients:

1 cup oatmeal
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400.

Line a dozen muffin cups with paper liners.

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla together. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until moistened. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. They look, and sound, realllly yummy. My kids and I love oatmeal as well, can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to make these right now. So looking forward to it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so yummy. I actually used whole wheat flour and they were still good. Some may not like it since I'm sure it makes them more dense but I'm okay with stuff like that. Thanks for all the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete