Monday, May 3, 2010

Coconut Cake



Is it okay to share a dessert on Meatless Monday? Afterall, it doesn't contain any meat! I found this recipe on Kelly's blog, and since I'm hosting a playdate today, I thought I'd try it out. It is baking as I type, and I am so excited to eat some! One small problem with it, though...I forgot to get shredded coconut! Uh-oh! I think it will still taste awesome since it has the cream of coconut in it. We shall see!

Ingredients:

1 box white cake mix
1 can cream of coconut (You can find it in the mixed drink section of the grocery store. It doesn't contain alcohol.)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 package shredded coconut (I forgot!)
1 container whipped topping

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350.

Bake the cake according to the back of the box.

Pull the cake out, and while it is hot, poke holes all over the top of it with a straw. Mix the sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut together and pour over the top of the cake.

Allow the cake to cool and then top with whipped topping and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Store in the refrigerator.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds scrumptious! I love coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful summery cake.

    My son likes the taste of coconut, but not the consistency of shredded coconut, so I think I will try this without the shredded coconut too.

    ReplyDelete