Friday, May 28, 2010

Lemon Marinade


I found the recipe for this summery chicken marinade on Jaimie's blog. She's always cooking up something good up there in Boston! I'm going to be trying out her Cheesy Muffins soon.

Yesterday I took the kids to the grocery store for a few things. I guess I'm on a lemon kick because I purchased three whole lemons, one lemonade mix, and one bottle of Simply Lemonade. It's summertime, folks!

Our chicken is marinading in this now. Later, my fantastic husband is going to work his magic on the grill and we have supper. Easy as that! I think I'll have a glass of lemonade to go with it.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon lemon zest
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Chicken breasts

Directions:

Mix everything together with a whisk. Pour it into a ziploc bag and add your chicken. Allow to marinate for 2-8 hours. Grill.


1 comment: