Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monterey Chicken



Have you ever tried the Monterey Chicken at Chili's? If so, you know that it is full of all kinds of delicious flavors. I recently tried to replicate, and was very successful (if I do say so myself!). The best part was how easy it was.

I took pictures of it, but haven't uploaded pictures in a few days. I'll try to do that this evening.

Ingredients:
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded almost flat)
1 bottle bbq sauce (We use Head Country because it is the best!)
2 pieces of bacon for each breast (cooked and drained)
Monterey Jack cheese (shredded--I only had cheddar on hand, so that's what I used.)
1 tomato (freshly diced) This is optional. I didn't have any, so we did without. Can you tell it's time to buy groceries?
salt and pepper for seasoning the chicken

Directions:
Preheat your outdoor grill or George Foreman grill.

Put the breasts in a ziploc bag and pound them until nearly flat. I used the end of a heavy knife (wrapped in a hand towel) for this. Pull them out of the bag and salt & pepper them well.

Cook the breasts on your grill until done. While they are cooking, brown up the bacon, shred the cheese, and dice the tomato.

Turn the broiler of your oven onto high. Place the cooked chicken breasts on a cookie sheet and place 2 strips of bacon on each. Pour a generous amount of bbq sauce onto each breast and then sprinkle with cheese.

Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Pull out and sprinkle with diced tomato.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds so great! I just love Chili's. My son picks to go their each time we have a date!!! So sweet, and mommy gets to have a 'rita too!!!

    ReplyDelete