Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Perfect Pancakes



I found them! I have been searching for the "perfect" pancake recipe my entire adulthood. I absolutely love the pancakes at Cracker Barrel (they are actually the only ones I truly even like), and I think that these are as close as I've found. The secret? Cake flour. I was browsing Mommy's Kitchen when I came across this recipe. After our grocery shopping trip this morning, we came home and made these. What a yummy lunch! If you love pancakes, you have to try these!

Ingredients:
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk or buttermilk (I just used milk, but I'm sure buttermilk would be amazing!)
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 tablespoons butter (melted)

Directions:
Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined. Melt butter in the microwave and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine. Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. I grease my skillet with a little oil and about a tablespoon of butter. Serve with butter and syrup.


3 comments:

  1. Arent they simply the best pancakes. So lite and fluffy. I wont use any other recipe now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are making me drool! I'll have to try them. I've never used cake flour before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you could use Whole Wheat Pastry Flour? I may just give it a try...we love pancakes!

    Just your Thursday reminder that the link party is up for kinderGARDENS if you have anything you want to share...I'm also having 'Sunflower House' book giveaway. Happy Gardening and Pancaking! Kim

    ReplyDelete