Sunday, May 23, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken


I hope you're all having a great Sunday! We definitely are!! We spent the morning hiking at a nature center. It was a beautiful day for it. I normally cook Sunday lunch, but since we were gone, I am doing a Sunday dinner. This poppyseed chicken is always a hit whenever I serve it. My sister-in-law, Shannon, gave me this recipe before we were married. It is a great one to take for friends in need.

This is not my picture. I stole it offline and will add my own later. I just wanted some color in the post!

Ingredients:

1 package chicken breasts (boiled and cubed)
1 can cream of chicken
6 ounces sour cream
1/2 can chicken broth
1 stick butter (melted)
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (crumbled)
2 teaspoons poppyseeds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and broth until combined.

Place the cubed chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top of it.

Mix the melted butter, crackers, and poppyseeds in a bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the chicken and sauce. Bake for 30 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. Love this recipe! We are having it later this week!

    ReplyDelete