Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chicken Salad



Long time no post! Summer school has me very busy. I'm thankful that it is only three more weeks! I also haven't been cooking much food because I've been pretty sick. I have been cooking a baby, though! We are thrilled to be expecting baby #4, and our babies like to make their mama sick for the first 20-22 weeks. I'm only in week six, so I have a long road ahead of me. I'll post as often as I can. Thankfully I have some things that I have made but not posted about yet. I'll use those for as long as I can.

This chicken salad recipe was given to me by my friend Kathy Draper. It makes a ton! I actually ate this for lunch every day for a week, and it seems to get better as it ages. Kathy says that it is less fattening because you use Cool Whip, so that's a plus, huh?

Ingredients:

2 large cans cooked chicken
grapes (cut in half)
almond slivers
celery (cut in small pieces)
1 container cool whip (dethawed)
salt and pepper to taste
I also used garlic powder, but that was for my own tastes.

Directions:
Drain the chicken and use a fork to shred it well. Add the cool whip, almonds, celery, and grapes and mix well. I served mine on croissants topped with baby greens. Keep refrigerated.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on expecting baby #4!!

    That chicken salad looks soooo good. I've never heard of cool whip in a salad....must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!!!!!!! Babies make me so happy and excited I can hardly stand it!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH!!! I skipped this post because I'm not the biggest chicken salad fan, but then I saw your picky preggo tweet, and I came to investigate!

    So, congratulations!!! Baby #4! Wow! That's so great!!!

    I totally get you with being sick forever. With my first baby, I got slammed with morning sickness about the time my doctor told me my worries were pretty much over (10 weeks), and then I was sick nearly every day until I was seven months, and then at least twice a week up until the day he arrived, and even a little afterward. It was rough. Now, I'm at week 10 again, and I went to see my OB this week. She told me that the morning sickness should be over soon. So, I went home and spent the next day sick as a dog. And the next day. And today...isn't over yet.

    Any cravings yet? That would be some awesome posts!!

    Again, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete