Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blueberry Snack Cake

I am posting this from my phone ,so





I'm going to keep it short. This recipe is from www.mommyskitchen.net. It tastes like a blueberry poundcake. So good!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1teaspoon baking powder
1cup milk
2egg yolks
2egg whites--beaten until soft peaks form
2cups blueberries--don't thaw if frozen

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut the butter into pieces and add to flour mixture. Blend using a fork until it's crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup of this mixture to use as a topping.

In another bowl, add the powder, milk, egg yolks. Mix well. Add this to the flour mixture and mix together Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.

Pour into 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle with the blueberries and add the reserved topping. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
-- Post From My iPhone



3 comments:

  1. Delicious!!!! Ok, so I can't actually say it IS delicious because I am really only allowing my tastebuds to run away with my imagination but it certainly LOOKS delicious! {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I'll have to try this soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete