Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Planning

I love to menu plan. It makes my grocery shopping *so* much easier, and our evenings run much smoother if I have something in mind before going into the kitchen. It also allows me to set out frozen meat if need be, or put dinner in the crockpot before heading out the door. Life with three kids is crazy enough without flying blind at dinnertime!

Having said all that, I am going to start listing my menu plans for the week each Monday. It'll be great to have it written here for my own use, but it might also give you an idea for dinner if you're in a slump.

I'm still planning to return to Meatless Monday posts as soon as I feel good 100% of the time. I just can't commit to coming up with new meatless recipes at this point in my pregnancy, but it shouldn't be too much longer before I can ditch the meds and get back to normal!

Monday--Pinto beans cooked with ham pieces, cornbread, butter cake for dessert (recipe soon!)

Tuesday--Beef stroganoff, green beans

Wednesday--Soft tacos with all the fixins', leftover pinto beans

Thursday--Date night for Jer and I, so the kids will have leftover soft tacos

Friday--Round steak in tomatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli

Saturday--Spaghetti, tossed salad, French bread

Sunday--Sunday pot roast


1 comment:

  1. I love menu planning too! And I only have me and the hubs to cook for! :)

    ReplyDelete