Sunday, September 12, 2010

Monkey Muffins

Good Sunday morning to ya! It's a rainy, beautiful day here in Central Oklahoma--the perfect day to wake up to a warm breakfast. I found this recipe here. She says it's a Pioneer Woman recipe...what more should I say?! These were a hit with me and the kids. I made them in mini muffins, which were the perfect size for young children. So sad my handsome husband is at the station today...he really missed out on a terrific breakfast!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture this morning.

Ingredients:
1 can biscuits (I used Grands)
1/2 stick butter
cinnamon and sugar mixture (I just eyed it, so I'm not sure of the measurements)
sweetened condensed milk (Oh yeah!!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Place a small cube of butter in the bottom of the muffin tins.

Cut the biscuits in thirds (for regular biscuits) or fourths (for Grands). Roll the biscuit pieces in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place two (for mini muffin tins) or three (for regular muffin tins) of the pieces in the muffin tins.

Place another small cube of butter on top of the biscuits.

Bake for 15-18 minutes. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk, or make up your own icing from powdered sugar and milk. I highly suggest using the condensed milk, though. :)


4 comments:

  1. Oh my...that sounds delish. I'm going to have to make these this week for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. So easy and soooo good! Glad yall enjoyed them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try these! Perfect quality time with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete