Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


We had our neighborhood trick-or-treat last night, so today we're all coming down from a candy high. :) I hope you had a fun time with your little "treats"...we certainly did. I didn't get to go trick-or-treating (Daddy took all three), but I enjoyed having friends over for a potluck dinner and then passing out candy to the kiddos.

The past week was a busy one! We had the kids' school carnival and their class parties. I had signed up to bring cookies for my daughter's first grade class, with big intentions of baking something fun. Well, pregnancy complications have me off of my feet, so I had to come up with something else. Thankfully, one of my Facebook friends posted a picture of these cute little goodies and I immediately knew that I could easily sit at the table and prepare them. I seriously made them in less than ten minutes! So simple and cute!!

Ingredients:
1 package fudge stripe cookies (My friend used Keebler mint cookies instead.)
1 package Hershey kisses (unwrapped)
1 tube gel icing (I used green, but any color would work.)

Directions:

Turn the fudge stripe cookies upside down so that you see the chocolate coating part of the cookie. Use the icing to make a circle around the hole in the cookie. Place a Hershey kiss on top of the icing. Allow a few minutes to set.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I bet they taste as good as they look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea! Will try this next year. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete