Monday, October 25, 2010

Pork Chops with Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Apples


I recently had my hair cut by a new girl named Michelle. While she was cutting, we were discussing food. She told me about this recipe that she had recently made. I'm normally not a fan of pork, but this sounded too good not to try. Boy, am I glad I tried it...the apples alone are to die for! We never discussed measurements, so I don't have an actual "recipe" today. I eyed everything and it turned out great!

Pictures to come!

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops (salt and pepper each side well)
3 apples (peeled and thinly sliced) I used Red Delicious apples.
1/2 stick butter
brown sugar
cinnamon

Directions:
In a large sautee pan, spread the sliced apples in a thin layer. Sprinkle with a generous amount of brown sugar and cinnamon. Top with the butter cut into pieces. Cover the pan and cook over low-medium until a syrup begins to form.

When the syrup forms, move the apples over enough to give each pork chop a place to rest. Replace the lid and allow to cook for about seven minutes. Flip the pork chops/stir the apples and leave the lid off. Cook the chops for another 15 minutes or until done. I served this with a side of steamed broccoli. Simple and delish!


3 comments:

  1. I just made some apple pork chops with cornbread stuffing. Come check them out Slow Cooked Apple Pork Chops I just love pork chops with apples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds awesome! I really don't like pork either, but I try to make other things from time to time so my husband doesn't get sick of chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmmyyy Brandi! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete