Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake


I know that I've been swamping you guys with lots of baked good and not so many meals. I apologize. I have actually cooked quite a few new meals, but just haven't felt like posting them. Hopefully I'll get around to posting them this week.

With Halloween just six days away, I decided to "treat" you guys with another fantastic pumpkin and cream cheese recipe (this is for you, Amanda!). I was in the mood to bake earlier today, and I mixed this up in about ten minutes. So quick, so easy, and so delicious!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 cup oil
1/2 cup pecans (chopped) *I didn't have any today. :(

Frosting:
1 package cream cheese
1 stick butter (softened)
4 cups powdered sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon milk (more if needed)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Blend in the nuts if you have them. Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish or mini loaf pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done. Let cool completely. Frost. Refrigerate to store.


1 comment:

  1. Could I use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete