Monday, November 15, 2010

Fruit and Yogurt Muffins

I got out of bed a few minutes early to bake these muffins this morning. We are out of groceries, and I mean OUT. Tomorrow is grocery day...thank goodness! Thankfully, I had one egg, one container of yogurt, and 1/2 bag of frozen blueberries. This worked out perfectly for a super-delicious breakfast! They only took about five minutes to mix up and then 25 minutes to bake, so by the time the kids were dressed, we had a hot breakfast. These muffins were seriously so moist, and may just be our new favorite!

These could be adapted with any flavor yogurt and any fresh or frozen fruit. I think I'll try strawberry yogurt with frozen strawberries next time.

My husband took a picture of them, but we haven't downloaded it yet, so I'll post it soon.

I found this recipe here. She's always posting great recipes!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 8-ounce container yogurt, any flavor (I used strawberries and cream.)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups fresh or frozen fruit (I used blueberries.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.

Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, vanilla, butter and fruit. Stir mixtures together just until combined (batter will be very thick). The batter was so thick that I had a hard time stirring it, so I poured in a tiny bit of milk to thin it out. Scoop into prepared muffin cups.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.


1 comment: