Monday, November 8, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

We're taking things down to a very simple level with the cooking that is going on in our kitchen. I've been having some minor pregnancy complications, which put me on modified bedrest for the last two weeks. Ugh! We had an ultrasound two weeks ago, and baby girl looks perfect, so no worries. My pregnancies are just never "typical," which is hard to accept when you're as busy as I am. I am out of bed now, and just taking it easy, which is why our dinners are simple enough for my hubby to whip up for us if he needs!

Monday--Chicken & Biscuits using this filling and canned biscuits, steamed broccoli, S'mores pie for dessert. I really want to try Kate's entire pot pie, but I don't want to make the crust from scratch right now. I can't wait to try it soon, though!

Tuesday--Sandwich night since Jer is at the station

Wednesday--Spaghetti noodles, meatless marinara sauce, frozen garlic bread, carrot sticks with ranch

Thursday--Bacon mac and cheese, salad, orange slices

Friday--Waffles, fruit salad, orange juice

Saturday--Take-out or pizza delivery

Sunday--Sandwiches again since Jer is back to the station


3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are having complications.AT least with your due dates you are getting close.
    Did Chandelle tell you, we are having #5, much to my surprise! She said that you know someone who got pregnant on hcg, so I guess I did too. I was just over looking for your nests, since we are studying the letter N and nests this week for preschool. Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were having complications. So, sorry! I hope everything is okay. But, I do like the easy menus. The waffles sound yummy!

    Anyway, take care of yourself and that blessed little girl you are carrying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandi! The original pot pie recipe I found called for store bought pie dough and it still got 5 star reviews. I was feeling particularly domestic that day so I went ahead and made a crust from scratch but don't feel bad taking some shortcuts, especially while on bed rest!

    ReplyDelete