Monday, March 7, 2011

Santa Fe Chicken

Wow! It has been so long since I have posted a recipe. I promise that I have been feeding my family, but we've been going the simple route lately (lots of sandwiches and frozen foods). With a new baby in the house and three other small children needing attention, cooking has been the last thing on my mind. I'm so thankful for amazing friends who have helped keep us well-fed over the last month. We had several nights of delicious homecooking thanks to them! One of the meals that was brought was this Santa Fe Chicken. My friend Jordana made it for us, and we all just loved it! It is super-easy and extremely kid-friendly since it involves chicken and chips. I'm making two batches of it tonight to "pay it forward" to a friend of mine who is having health issues and who also has four small children. Hopefully they enjoy it as much as we did!

Here's a treat for you all for being so patient with me. Our sweet Nella had a photoshoot with Randy Coleman Photography when she was eleven days old...isn't she gorgeous? Of course I think so!
http://video214.com/play/lldVWzBIcZrsYSr1Udzt3g/s/dark
Ingredients:
1 package boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I used tenders.)
mayonnaise
1/2 bag Chili Cheese Fritos (crushed)
cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.

Coat both sides of the chicken with mayonnaise. Dip the coated chicken into the crushed Fritos. Make sure to get chips on both sides. Place the chicken pieces in a 9x13 casserole dish. Spray the tops of the chicken pieces with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until chicken is done.

Thanks for your recipe, Jordana!


2 comments:

  1. I just rattled this recipe off to my husband and he said you had me at mayonnaise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny Leah my husband said the same thing when I was reading the santa fe chicken recipe out loud.
    And oh my that little precious girl is gorgeous what a beautiful little treasure. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete