Thursday, May 12, 2011

Semi-spicy Chicken Legs


I have to admit that I have jumped on board the coupon train. I have been loving the savings, and being a long-time stay-at-home-mom, it just gives me something to do that challenges me a little. Extreme Couponing on TLC is NOT how I got involved in this, however. As a matter of fact, we don't have cable or satellite, so I don't even get to watch it! I got interested when several other moms I know where posting their cheap grocery purchases on Facebook. I had to figure out how they were doing these amazing transactions. Turns out, a mom I used to attend church with had started doing free coupon classes and had started a blog. I got on her blog and taught myself a few of her tricks. Since then, I've been hooked! If you're interested in learning about couponing, I highly suggest you check out Carrie's blog. She also has a Facebook page called "Coupon Closet."

Some of the cheapest things I consistently purchase are chicken legs. I can get a package for under $1, so I have a freezer full. I was trying to figure out what to do with all of them when I came across a recipe that sounded interesting. I tweaked it and came up with something that was perfect for my family. The meat was so moist and tender, and they were just slightly spicy. My kids and my niece gobbled them up!

Ingredients:

12 chicken legs
1/4 cup butter (cubed)
5 ounces hot sauce (Tabasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Place the chicken legs in the bottom of your crockpot. Mine had to sit on top of each other, but they cooked fine! Toss in the cubed butter pieces, and pour in the hot sauce, trying to evenly cover each leg. This sounds like a lot of hot sauce, but there is really very little spice after it cooks. Sprinkle with all of the seasonings, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for three (this is what I did).


1 comment:

  1. WARNING: DO NOT SEND YOUR MONEY TO ADT, YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING IN THE END. THIS CASE IS TOO OBVIOUS, THIS IS A QUICK START UP WITH THE INTENTION TO GET PEOPLES MONEY FAST AND THEN CLOSE DOWN. 1. THEY DO NOT HAVE A BUSINESS LOCATION! 2. THEY DO NOT HAVE A REGISTERED BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN THE USA! 3. THEY DO NOT MEET THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS WHICH MEANS THEY ARE OPERATING A PYRAMID SCHEME!

    ReplyDelete