Friday, February 1, 2013

Trying to Start Back Up...and Making Changes

Hello BlogWorld!  It's been many {MANY} months since I've typed anything on here.  There have been a lot of changes in our world, so blogging and recipe-testing took a back seat.  Let me fill you in a little...

I had just had a baby girl when I stopped blogging before.  She will be TWO on Tuesday.  Unreal.  When she was four months old we decided that we had outgrown our (very small) home, so we put it on the market and started building a new (much bigger) home on a couple of acres in a small town.  We were so excited that all four children would have their own bedroom!  Three months into the building process (when Nella was only six months old!), we found out Baby#5 was on the way!!  We moved into our new home in November, and welcomed Hattie Scarlett on May 11, 2012.  In August, three days before school was to start, the principal from the elementary school in our new town called me in to talk to me about a second grade position that had just opened up.  He offered me the job, and I took it.  I had missed teaching, and of course we could always use the extra money, so it seemed like a great idea!  Talk about a crazy couple of days preparing for a teaching job while searching for someone willing to keep the babies and our four-year-old on the eight days/month we needed a sitter.  Hattie wouldn't (and still won't) take a bottle, so the sitter needed to be able to bring the baby to me each day at lunch to nurse.  Luckily my mother-in-law volunteered to take off from her job to help us out until we could find such a person, and we have since found someone who has been working out!  So yeah...things have been INSANE as of late, but life is good.  We have already told my principal that I won't be returning next year, as we quickly realized that juggling five small children (and all of their activities/homework/parties/etc), running a household, and working is not right for our family.  The job has been a great learning experience for all of us, and we are thankful to have tried it out!

I still try to cook as often as I can, and I still love trying new recipes.  Pinterest has become my favorite website.  There are so many great recipes to try out from that site!  I have also become obsessed with crafting.  I have NEVER been a crafty person, but Pinterest brings it out in me.  That being said, I have decided to start back up on this blog, but it won't be just recipes anymore.  I am going to show off my family, crafts & DIYs, recipes, gardening, and anything else that I feel like sharing.  I am super-excited about this new blogging adventure, and I certainly hope that at least some of you will read!


4 comments:

  1. So glad to have you back! And I'm happy to hear that you have another beautiful addition! You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to read what you'll be cooking and crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty! It's good to be back. It's definitely hard to blog as often since I'm still teaching, but I am really going to focus on more blogging as soon as school is out!!

      Delete